lørdag den 20. september 2014

Book review - Dreams of Gods & Monsters



Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone #3
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers on November 6th, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Genres: FantasyParanormal Romance,Young Adult
Pages: 513
Goodreads • Good Books • Amazon




When I first held this book in my hands and I saw how friggin' massive is was...I was not scared off by any means: the larger the amount of pages the larger the amount of genius, I thought.

And I was right, of course. Even though some bits were harder to get through than others, Laini's imagination and cleverness and humor just kept knocking my breath away.

Halfway through I was desperate for the book to end - NOT because it was horrible or anything - I just wanted the characters to get the happy endings they deserved and see the bad guys vaporize into eternal evanescence - though a burning hell would be preferred. Because Laini masters this thing called 'villains' so you feel just the right amount of seething hatred towards them, but she also masters another thing called 'lovable characters' so you desperately need want them to succeed and see it happen.

The series is a perfect blend of grief, action, love and hate, all mixed together to concoct a masterpiece.
And this final book in the trilogy wrapped it all up in a perfect, but still loose-ended way - because it ended with a happy middle instead of a happy ending (well, that sentence was confusing).

Overall, I gave this series a 5 out of 5 stars, so it's safe to say that I highly, highly recommend this series!


xoxo, Maria

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar