mandag den 11. august 2014

Book review - Daughter of Smoke and Bone


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1
Published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers on September 27th 2011
Format: Hardcover
Genres: FantasyParanormal Romance,Young Adult
Pages: 418
Goodreads • Good Books • Amazon 


five-stars


This first installment of the trilogy is - sorry for sounding like a cheeseball - nothing short of a masterpiece. 

I cannot fathom my love for this book into words, but I can tell you why I loved it so much.

First of all, the writing. Holy smoke (pun intended) the writing kept wowing me as I read, it's so poetic and yet manages not to be pretentious at all. 

The worldbuilding is also A+, and Laini does a nice job of weaving it in so you don't get stuck on page 20, unable get through it. It's really inventive and genius.

Everything about it is really clever, and the few things that bugged me (trust me there were close to zero) were explained later on so I went like "Ohhh, oh my god! It totally makes sense now." But I also love how she puts out these tiny breadcrumbs and allows you to think for yourself. When realization hits you it hits you hard and I love it.

The characters are really complex and intriguing - especially Karou, the main character, I really like her. The ending gained her a complete new dimension, making her all the more interesting and layered. 

The point is, I really love this book and I so recommend it to everybody who haven't read it yet. 

I finished it this morning, and I've ordered the next two in the trilogy and the wait is already killing me...

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar